Monday, March 15, 2010

Neurologist

Finally, after days of "I'm sorry, the person you need to speak to is unavailable," I've been given an appointment date for a neurologist.

On the second of November, 2010.

I was triaged as "high priority" and this is the soonest appointment they could give me.

When I spoke to her (the appointment co-ordinator), the only thing she could recommend to get in any sooner, would be to go out of city. I've told her that was fine, and she's looking into it.

I'm currently on medication which is costing me over $100.00 per month (closer to $150.00 with the dose I'm up to), which was prescribed to treat my symptoms. I would like to know what the heck is wrong with me before I spend the over $1300.00 on medication which may or may not be necessary. And what if it's something serious? What if I could really benefit from being diagnosed early?

I'm so tired of "What ifs."

Is the medication helping? Yes. Is it a good idea to be on these meds if there's a problem that can be fixed instead of just treated? No. Especially not if I'm ever going to have children. Which is looking less and less likely. Dammit.

4 comments:

OzarksUSA said...

Wow, I hope you get to get in sooner!

BubbleGirl said...

I'm trying. I've told them if I have to take a day off work and drive 4 hours for the appointment, it's totally cool, as long as they can get me in SOONER.

elise said...

Hi K.

It's amazing the things we have to do to get treatment. I hope they are able to get you in soon! You are never far from my mind.

My heart is going out to you with the baby stuff. I had to make a very difficult decision about having children back in 2003, which I don't regret, but I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a child of my own. It was my dream since as long as I can remember. There is an odd void in my life that I don't know how to fill because that was my focus for so long. It always seemed that my God-given work was to be a mother. Well, God had different plans. If you ever want to talk, send me an email.

hugs,
me

BubbleGirl said...

Elise,
Thanks for your comment. I'm finding it quite hard to deal with the children issue. My best friend has 2 kids, and she barely tried to get pregnant. I have so many people in my life that have new babies, and toddlers. I've been crocheting blankets and dresses, and I want to make some for my own kids.

Hugs