Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tummy says "GRRRRRR"

My stupid tummy has decided that the only thing it wants is coffee.
And peanuts, which I'm allergic to.

And egg nog.

But everything else I put into my tummy just hurts, and makes me nauseous. Including ensure.

I've eaten less since Thursday last week than I would usually eat in a day. Which is already less than what "normal" people eat in a day. The coffee seems to be keeping me alive-ish for now, and I have been force-feeding myself every day, because apparently the people in my life care about me enough to want me to eat (even when it causes excruciating pain and nausea).

I tried to go to the doctor after work yesterday, and they recently changed their hours, only accepting walk-in patients until 5pm instead of 9pm. Which means, that by the time I get off work at 4:30, they've filled the spots, and are no longer accepting any more walk-ins. Let alone 5 minutes later when I arrive at the doctor's office.

Being impatient as I am, I proceeded to go to the next nearest walk-in clinic, which also just changed their hours to 5pm, and were already fully booked for the rest of the day.

I'll be taking some time this morning to go to the doctor.

I am not feeling any kind of hope that the doctor will actually DO SOMETHING. I'm pretty sure I'll just get the whole "there's nothing wrong with you, quit whining" that I've become accustomed to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooh... I just went to the doctor's office, which has posted walk-in hours from 9:30 to 5:00. There's no doctor in the office. I signed in at 10:30. They said the doctor would be in in about 45 minutes. 5 minutes later they tell me the doctor won't be in until 1:15, as he's locked himself out of his house.

But, I do have an appointment now for 1:30.

2 comments:

Achelois said...

Today I have eaten a mango & fig bar. I had to force myself to eat that. My eating is cyclical. Two days not too bad. No hunger for three. EDS and the bits that people don't really understand is the worst bit sometimes. When food hurts its hard. You have my empathy. I understand. The experience different in all of us but echos of the same nevertheless.

The whole access to doctor bit just made me annoyed on your behalf. It must be exhausting to try and see a doctor in this way after a days work to no avail. I hope the 1.30 appointment was ok?

Take care BG

BubbleGirl said...

My wonderful doctor said that 2 of my symptoms have nothing to do with the other symptom, which may or may not be due to an unidentified illness which I may or may not have; but here's a prescription for one of the symptoms. And the best part? It's only $70.00 for a month's supply! (I sweet-talked my favorite pharmacist into giving me a free trial sample [which he sweet-talked my doctor out of] to see if it would even help before I paid for the full prescription though)

The thing with the pain though, is that it's in two very distinct locations. There's the stomach pain, which kicks in about 10 minutes after anything goes in, and there's the lower GI pain, which is constant, and could potentially be a sign of bad things.

As to access to doctors, yes I was definitely frustrated as hell by the end of the day, but to be fair, I could have made an appointment with "my" doctor, and gotten yelled at for requesting a moment of his time to explain all of my symptoms. Ugh... And people say access to medical care, and the medical system in general is supposed to be great in Canada...