Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tummy Monster is Kicking My Butt

So, I just passed the 6 month milestone in my pregnancy. I also finally got back to my pre-pregnancy weight, after losing 20 pounds in my first trimester.

My pelvis now dislocates in up to 4 places simultaneously.

My intestines seem to be doing their job again, since I started eating a lot more fruit.

The tiny little person I'm growing can stretch to amazing lengths already, poking me in the ribs on both sides, as well as just above both hip bones, at the same time. It really is one of the strangest sensations I've ever experienced.

I am exhausted, all the time. I still can't get much sleep, but I am getting some.

My geneticist has referred me to 2 different high risk pregnancy centres, and I'm still waiting to hear back from them about an appointment.

I saw my chiropractor yesterday, about the 4 wobbly bits in my pelvis, and he adjusted them (which really hurt) and they felt so much better afterward, for about an hour and a half. I had to break out my cane. He also gave me the number for a place in town that sells braces, and told me to see if they have any pelvic braces to help stabilize me.

Also, my husband spoke to my prolotherapy doctor, and he seems to think we'll have to wait 3-6 months after baby is born to start prolotherapy again. I am really distressed by this, as I can barely walk for 10 minutes now, and I seem to be getting worse almost daily. Once I know his reasons for waiting that long, I'm either going to try to convince him he's wrong (if I think he is), or try to convince him to do it a different way, if it's the drugs/breastmilk he's worried about.

No comments: